ShareThis

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pot Roast Mini-Sandwiches

























I recently re-posted my Pot Roast recipe, which I have not changed since I started making it in 2010. I was out of town last week, and when I got home, since it was getting cooler, I was really in to mood to make something warm in the crock pot and permeate my house with yummy smells! So, I asked the DH what he would like for dinner on Friday night, and he requested pot roast, then suggested we make sandwiches from it for the Bears game on Sunday...what a great idea! I am always looking at ways to use up leftovers! While at the store, I saw cute little mini rolls, both whole wheat and french, and thought it was a great idea to make smaller sandwiches with them! So, Sunday night came along, and I spent a short amount of time re-heating the meat and veggies and assembling the mini-sandwiches...enjoy :-)

Pot Roast Mini-Sandwiches
Since you aren't cooking anything, you only need to preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Separate the pre-made pot roast from the veggies. Add them to the oven for about 30 minutes or until they are reheated. During this time, Slice up some:

Bread Rolls

In the last 5-10 minutes, add them to the oven to toast them up a bit. Once everything is heated, take out the bottom 1/2 of the the bread and the pot roast. Shred the pot roast. Slather some: 

Horseradish Mayo

On the bread. Add the:

Pot Roast, heaping portion
Provolone Cheese

Put the assembled halves back in the oven until the cheese is melted. Finish off by slathering the top halves with:

Horseradish Mayo
Coarse Mustard (optional)

Assemble and eat! 


No comments:

Post a Comment