ShareThis

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

White Chicken Chili


Colder days, more football, more requested comfort food and man food :-) I have tried this recipe a few times, and I think I have it down.  There are never leftovers, and I'm lucky if I even get to try some when the boys are over!  Not that I mind; I'm always one to taste as I go, and by the time it's ready, I'm full!  This is a great meal for football Sundays, or any day you want yummy smells to come out of your kitchen and last until the next day :-)  

Heat:

1 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. butter

Add:

1 onion, chopped

Add:

3 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, chopped

Add:

1 c. White wine (Chardonnay)

Bring to a boil. Reduce, simmer. Add:

1 rotisserie chicken (shredded)
Salt (season)
1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. coriander
1 - 4oz. Can diced green chilies

Mix. Add:

1 quart chicken stock

Boil. Lower to a simmer for 30 minutes. Add:

1 can of Corn
2 cans of White beans
1 package lite cream cheese

Stir until cream cheese melts. Lower to low. Add (yes, again):

Salt (season)
1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. coriander

Stir to combine. Leave on low, uncovered, until ready to serve. It also may not be as thick as you want it. The longer you cook it uncovered, the more it will thicken. 

Ingredients
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. butter
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, chopped
1 c. White wine (Chardonnay)
1 rotisserie chicken (shredded)
Salt (season)
Ground white pepper
Cumin
Oregano
Coriander
1 - 4oz. Can diced green chilies
1 quart chicken stock
1 can of Corn
2 cans of White beans
1 package lite cream cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment