ShareThis

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

White Sangria based on Ellie Krieger's Healthy Appetite

Well, our air conditioning is out, and I had invited my friend Megan to dinner, so I really needed a refreshing beverage!  I decided on Sangria; something I had not had a in a long time, and never made!  The White Sangria I made was perfect, based on a recipe by Ellie Krieger.  I am sure to make it for more summer events...especially if it stays this hot all summer!!!

White Sangria

1 (750-ml) bottle white wine
1/4 cup Cointreau
1/2 cup orange juice
2 cup Sprite

Sugar (optional)
Lemon juice (optional)

1/2 medium unpeeled orange, sliced 
1/2 unpeeled apple, sliced
1/2 unpeeled pear, sliced

In a pitcher combine the wine, Cointreau, orange juice and Sprite. Taste. Add the sugar in small doses, only if you feel the recipe needs more sugar.  Add some lemon juice, only if you feel you need a bit of sour.  Add the fruit, and chill (at least 30 minutes). Serve over ice.

Verdict: SO YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment