ShareThis

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Angie's Truffle Salmon & Orzo with Asparagus


I don't find many recipes I like from others, but when Angie posted that she made this dish on Facebook, I knew I had to try it!  (Pictures to come soon)  FYI, there were no leftovers...we ate everything!  The dinner was a-mazing, and, better yet, EASY!  I highly recommend it when you are trying to impress a date, making dinner for family, or for a dinner party (you will eed to increase the amounts for a dnner party, though :-)).
1 bunch asparagus
2 cups orzo
2tbsp extra virgin oil
4 cloves garlic ( peeled and sliced) (I used more; I LOVE garlic!!!)
1 cup heavy cream
3-4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (I doubled this (1/2 C.))
3-4 tbsp grated pecornino Romano (I doubled this (1/2 C.))
2 tbsp black truffle butter (eh, 3 wouldn't hurt anything except your wallet :-))
Salt to taste
Cracked black pepper to taste

In a pot bring to boil chicken broth (32oz) + equal amount of water some salt. Place asparagus in for about 1-2 minutes and remove and place aside. Cook orzo in same broth for about 7-10 min drain. Trim the stems of asparagus and cut rest diagonally.

In a medium pan heat olive oil sauté garlic until aromatic add asparagus and then cooked orzo. On medium low heat add heavy cream truffle butter stirring constantly. Add the cheeses until melted.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Place in a beautiful serving bowl and top with shaved Parmesan.

Bake salmon at 350 coat the fish with black truffle oil and garlic salt and cracked black pepper bake until fish is done about 20-30 min ( until flaky). When fish is baking Angie also puts a teaspoon of truffle butter on top as it's cooking.  I added a bit more :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment