Note: All of this is "To Taste". There was little to no measuring.
Back-to-Basics Round Tip Roast
1-3.5 to 4 lb. round tip roast
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Chopped Garlic (I used the canned version)
- Put the round tip roast in a roasting pan.
- Pour a bit of oil on it and rub it into the roast.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic and rub until it in.
- Cover the roast and put it in the refrigerator. Heat the oven to 325. Leave the roast in the fridge until the oven is ready.
- Uncover the roast. Put in the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes per lb. for rare to medium-rare.
- Take out the roast and put on a piece of marble or wooden cutting board to rest for about 15 minutes or so.
Note: The roast will continue to cook for about 15-20 minutes after it is taken out of the oven. If it looks too rare, wait. It will cook a bit more after it sits on the counter.
This was FANTASTIC!!! Simple, easy and yummy…and great for leftovers! Leftover hoagie to come!!!