ShareThis

Friday, January 7, 2011

Back-to-Basics Round Tip Roast

It's been a while, and I have been cooking up a storm, but I have not been posting, so there are going to be a lot of recipes put up in the next few days...to start, I went to the store and found round tip roast for a fantastic price!!! Although I wasn't planning on making that for dinner, I wasn't sure what I was making, so I thought, why not? I will figure out something once I get home. Soooooo...I searched the internet, but there really isn't much for recipes on round tip roast...what to do? Call my mother-in-law!!! Simple and very tasty, she helped me, again, get Back-to-Basics:
Note: All of this is "To Taste". There was little to no measuring.

















Back-to-Basics Round Tip Roast
1-3.5 to 4 lb. round tip roast
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Chopped Garlic (I used the canned version)
  1. Put the round tip roast in a roasting pan.
  2. Pour a bit of oil on it and rub it into the roast.
  3. Add salt, pepper and garlic and rub until it in.
  4. Cover the roast and put it in the refrigerator. Heat the oven to 325. Leave the roast in the fridge until the oven is ready.
  5. Uncover the roast. Put in the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes per lb. for rare to medium-rare.
  6. Take out the roast and put on a piece of marble or wooden cutting board to rest for about 15 minutes or so.

Note: The roast will continue to cook for about 15-20 minutes after it is taken out of the oven. If it looks too rare, wait. It will cook a bit more after it sits on the counter.


















This was FANTASTIC!!! Simple, easy and yummy…and great for leftovers! Leftover hoagie to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment