ShareThis

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chicken Tetrazzini

It was so cold out yesterday, I wanted to cook, but had no desire to get in a car and drive to the store, so I thought I would find what I had in the house and make something. Although unusual for me, I decided on one of my grocery days to pick up a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, and this was a great time to use it…so I got on the internet and started searching. I wanted a recipe that was simple but flavorful, and found very little…so, I mixed several recipes together and went to town!






















Chicken Tetrazzini

Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare:

8 oz. package spaghetti or linguini

…according to the package directions in a saucepan. Add:

1 c. frozen peas or edamame

… during the last 2 minutes of the cooking time. Drain the linguine and peas/edamame well in a colander. In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, add:
2 T. oil

Add:
2 chicken breasts
Cook until it's well browned; only flipping once, if possible. Remove chicken, cool. Shred the chicken.
In the skillet just used to cook the chicken, lower the heat to medium-low or medium, depending on your stove. Heat:

2 T. butter

Once butter is melted, add:
1 medium onion, diced

Cook the onion until it's well caramelized, stirring often. Add:
1 T. garlic, chopped

Sauté the garlic for a few minutes, just until softened. Stir in:

1 can Campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup
½ c. chicken broth
½ c. grated parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste


Mix well, until the cheese is melted and everything is combined. Add chicken and pasta mixture. Mix until combined. Add:

½ c. flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped

Mix until well combined. Transfer everything into a casserole dish. Top with:
¼ c. grated parmesan cheese
¼ c. breadcrumbs

Put in oven for 20-30 minutes on the top rack. Take out after the top is browned.


Chicken Tetrazzini on FoodistaChicken Tetrazzini

2 comments:

  1. It looks delicious.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this chicken tetrazzini widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about chicken tetrazzini recipes,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this took me so long to do, Alisa! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete