ShareThis

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mom's Meatloaf


























I had to get my tooth pulled this past weekend. It was definitely not as bad as a root canal, in which I have had a few, but I was not to eat anything hot or crunchy, so after the first day, I was sick of baby food and cottage cheese, so I thought I would make meatloaf. So off to call my mother-in-law, to make sure it was something Matthew would eat. Simple, yummy, and a great comfort food:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together:

2 lb. groung chuck
1 c. seasoned breadcrumbs
2 eggs
1 can Campbell's tomato soup
3 T. dry minced onion

Try not to overmix. I used my hand, and it seemed to work well. Make into a loaf, put into a loaf pan, and add a Layer of Katsup. Cook for approximately 2 hours. Cool and serve!

Matthew loved it. I am finding the elegant eater is more interested in basic home cooking than the food he eats in the restaurant industry...I may be better at this than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment